The Tech Show London 2023 conference programme will feature a series of panel sessions across the two days. Each panel will focus on a specific topic/trend within the broader themes outlined below and will feature senior enterprise IT and public sector speakers and one technology provider. We also invite you to submit briefs for a fireside chat, solo sessions and interview-style sessions if you feel that the subject would be better suited to those formats.
Some tips for Session Success
- Use a title that says clearly what it is. Titles drive attendance.
- Present something new and relevant to the audience.
- Use real examples. Avoid abstract terms and acronyms.
- Use storytelling and data to illustrate key points.
- Take questions during the session.
- Use quizzes and questions to keep the audience engaged.
- Field a speaker who is engaging, knowledgeable and passionate. Good speakers drive attendance.
- Be prepared to quantify costs, timeframes and outcomes with at least comparative data
- Don’t start with a slide “Who we are”
- Don’t start by assuming you know the audience. If possible ask them / have an idea of what they want to know BEFORE launching into the conversation
- Don’t stick to the script – it may be far better to answer audience questions than run the planned presentation
- Don’t read slides – tell a story
- Don’t use more than 10 slides for a 30 minute presentation and make sure at least 10 minutes left for interaction and dialogue
- Don’t avoid answering question of how much it costs or how long to deploy by saying: “it depends” – give an illustration with possible ranges and contexts